I was browsing an old photo album on one afternoon, whenI came across to some pictures of a little of me and my sisters. It wasn’t the first time I viewed the album. But it’s always a pleasure to go back to the past time by surfing the old photographs. And that afternoon, I’ve just realized that all dresses we wore in the old times, were made up by my mother.
All of sudden, those pictures led me to some memories of my childhood. The time when the six of us were happily altogether being models of my mom’s sewing creation. Lovely fabrics, thread, pin and pincushion, needle, pattern paper, Burda Magazine were always be our friend from day to day, since my mother seemed to be crazy for her sewing machine and had to create some stuffs almost everyday.
At first, I really had no idea why did my mom would spend her most whole day in her sewing room. I always guessed that it might be a self- compulsory for her to create those cute dresses for us. Or she was forced by her sewing teacher to create some certain dresses a day.
And then I met Mr. J
It was one day on July last year. I was googling for an info of Batik when an images of this adorable sewing machine popped out on the screen. Instead of hitting back button, I felt the need to click the image larger. Click!. And once the detail appeared, I immediately fell in love with it. The white body seemed to be sexy yet strong until I wanted to call it Mister Janome or Mr. J. I love the blue floral pattern on the stitches indicator that add a sweet touch to its whole body. You may be wonder why do I call it ‘Mister’ as its appearance that looks girly.I just don’t know why. ‘Mister ‘ seems to be perfect for me.
Today, I figure out why did my mom delightfuly spend her day in her sewing room back in the days. Because yes, it really feels good to have Mr. J around me. It feels good to emerge pieces by pieces of beautiful fabrics in to a stuff or dress. It feels good to get to know each other well by learning to insert the thread, to set up the bobbin, to unpick the thread, to adjust my foot rhyme with its foot pedal or even to make some mistakes, and it just feels oh so good to hear the needle rhyme together.
I don’t mind if it is called hyperbolism..:). I love Mr. J and can’t stay away too long from it.Eventhough we do nothing. Just staring each other.


Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar